Virtual Golf Course: Barton Creek GolfSeptember 24, 2015
Championship Golf in the Texas Hill Country
This week, TruGolf is headed to Austin, Texas, to showcase one of the finest golf courses in the American Southwest. Barton Creek Golf: Fazio Foothills is one of Tom Fazio’s crowning achievements; the course offers dramatic views, a beautiful layout and natural limestone caves as backgrounds for championship caliber golf. Welcome to Texas, y’all.
Barton Creek Golf – Fazio Foothills
Par: 72 | Yardage: 7,125
- Opened in 1986, the Fazio Foothills was eponymously named for legendary architect, Tom Fazio.
- The course was renovated in 2004 to include new fairway and tee grass, and increasing the size by 200 yards.
- The Dallas Morning News consistently ranks the course among the Best-in-State. Also, holes #12, 4, 9, 16, 10, 18 make the list of Most Beautiful in Texas.
- The course was named #4 of America’s “Top 50 Best Resort Courses,” by Golfweek
- The Barton Creek Golf Resort boasts three more championship courses, with championship caliber names:
Fazio Canyons, Crenshaw Cliffside, and Palmer Lakeside.