Virtual Golf Course: Cabo del Sol – Mountains, Desert and OceanOctober 24, 2014
Cabo del Sol
This week, we are headed down to Mexico’s Baja California Sur, to explore one of the most beautiful golf courses in the world. Cabo del Sol: The Ocean Course is poised against a magnificent backdrop of the brilliantly blue Sea of Cortez, contrasted by the golden shores, and the beautiful green turf. Not only is Cabo del Sol stunning, Jack Nicklaus said the course has the “three finest finishing holes in all of golf.”
Cabo del Sol: Ocean Course
Par: 72 / Yardage: 7091
- Cabo del Sol opened in May 1994 and has been ranked in Golf Digest’s lists, Best Course in Mexico, Top 10 Public Golf Courses, Top 10 Desert Courses in the World, and Top 100 Courses in the World.
- The course was designed by Jack Nicklaus. Nicklaus described the course as “the best piece of golf property I’ve ever seen. This was my chance to design a Pebble Beach.”
- Cabo del Sol has hosted: The Senior PGA Tour Senior Slam, Taylor-Made International Pro-Am, The California Toyota Team Championships, and more.
- The 5th and signature 17th hole were ranked in The 500 Best Holes in the World.
- Jack Nicklaus re-imagined Cabo del Sol in 2011 and made critical changes to the layout. Nicklaus did this to save par and to combat the brand new, longer hitting golf technology. While most course battle new technology with length, Nicklaus made the course more competitive and require more strategy from golfers. Read more about it here: http://www.nicklaus.com/design/cabodelsol/Nicklaus-changes-Cabo-del-Sol-Ocean-Course.php
TruGolf’s software illustrates the nuanced beauty found at 86 of the world’s finest golf courses, which include: Pebble Beach Resort, Pinehurst, and Cabo del Sol, one of the most beautiful golf courses in the world.