Virtual Golf Course: Dorado Beach Resort & ClubApril 29, 2016
Sweeter Than Sugarcane
This week, TruGolf is headed to the beaches of Puerto Rico! We are going to explore TPC Dorado Beach, home of championship golf, panoramic ocean views, and bunkers filled with native sand. This course has been redesigned from a seaside classic to a modern championship layout. Welcome to Dorado Beach!
Dorado Beach Resort & Club
Yardage: 7,200 | Par: 72
- The course was redesigned by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. The most notable changes were the reshaped greens and panoramic sightline that were restored to the 12 and 18 holes.
- Jones lengthened the course by nearly 700 yards, making Dorado Beach a formidable 7,200 yards, with many holes playing into the strong Caribbean wind.
- RTJ, Jr., also reshaped the bunkers and filled them with native sand.
- Dorado Beach was also voted by Golf Digest in the Top 100 Best Courses Outside the United States.
- Chi-Chi Rodriguez had this to say about Dorado Beach, “Dorado Beach Resort & Club is a very impressive place. There are four courses. They just opened the East course after an 18-month restoration, and it’s gorgeous. The new bunkers are amazing. They have a rolling look that makes them seem as though they are part of the distant ocean. And the redesign allows golfers of all skill levels to enjoy the course.”
My Town: Chi Chi Rodriguez’s Puerto Rico – http://www.golfdigest.com/story/gwar-rodriguez-mytown-1128