Virtual Golf Course: The Extraordinary Views at Pebble BeachFebruary 12, 2016
Pebble Beach® Golf Links*
It can be argued that there is no course more famous than Pebble Beach®. With its spectacular views of the ocean, this course has more “signature holes,” than most any course. Whether you are walking with the Pacific Ocean on your left side on the 18th hole or driving from the elevated tee-box on the 7th hole, looking directly at the Pacific Ocean.
- Pebble Beach® has hosted the U.S. Open 5 times. It will host the tournament again in 2019.
- The golf course was designed by Jack Neville and Douglas Grant in 1919.
- Pebble Beach® Golf Course is one of four courses at the Pebble Beach® Resort. The other courses are: The Links at Spanish Bay®, Spyglass Hill®, and Del Monte®.
- The AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am was originally started by Bing Crosby in 1937. Sam Snead won the first tournament, which at the time was 18-holes, and collected his $500 prize money.
- It was here in 1972 that Jack Nicklaus hit one of the most famous golf shots of all time. Nicklaus, in pursuit of a Grand Slam, defiantly hit his One-Iron into gale force winds. The ball bounce once on the green, hit the flag stick, and came to rest within inches of the hole.
Past US Open Champions at Pebble Beach®
Graeme McDowell (2010), Tiger Woods (2000), Tom Kite (1992), Tom Watson (1982), Lanny Wadkins (PGA Championship – 1977), Jack Nicklaus (1972).
*Pebble Beach, its images and course design are trademarks and service marks of
Pebble Beach Company and are used under license by TRUGOLF Inc.
All products and brand names are trademarks of their respective companies. All Rights Reserved