Virtual Golf Course: Hapuna Golf CourseJune 10, 2016
Wild, Rugged, Beautiful.
This week, TruGolf is headed to the Hapuna Golf Course on the Mauna Kea resort. This Arnold Palmer design is known for its rugged desert terrain, dramatic elevation changes, and spectacular ocean views. The course plays along the stunning Kohala Coast, and is considered a hidden gem. Known for its challenging play and unique layout, it is considered Hapuna is a must-play for anyone visiting the Big Island.
Hapuna Golf Course
Par: 71 | Yardage: 6,900
- The course was co-designed by Arnold Palmer and Ed Seay. The course was designed as a low-maintenance complement course to Mauna Kea.
- The links-style design highlights the natural mountainous terrain and naturally blends with the surrounding landscape.
- The course was rated as one of the most “Women Friendly Courses,” by Golf For Women. Throughout all 18-holes, the course rewards accuracy over length.
- The snow-capped Mauna Kea volcano serves as a dramatic backdrop, and nearly every hole has a view of the Pacific Ocean.
- Hapuna means “springs” – this is in reference to the water that bubbles from under the lava rocks. These springs are known for rejuvenation and healing properties.