Virtual Golf Course: Kapalua Golf – The Plantation Course
The Course of Champions
This week, Five Fact Friday is headed to one of the finest golf courses in the Pacific Ocean. Kapalua Golf: The Plantation Course is located on the island of Maui, Hawaii and features dramatic many elevation changes, plenty downhill tee-shots, and some of the finest views in all of golf.
Kapalua Golf: The Plantation Course
Par: 73 | Yardage: 7,411
- Designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, the course captures the unique beauty of the island of Maui and features an ocean view on nearly every hole.
- In the Hawaiian language, “kapa lua” means “Two Borders.”
- The Plantation Course is the only course on the PGA tour that plays to par 73
- The course is consistently ranked the #1 Course in Hawaii.
- Since 1999, the course is home to the Hyundai Tournament of Champions – past winners include:
Zach Johnson, Dustin Johnson, Steve Stricker, Jonathan Byrd, Geoff Ogilvy, Daniel Chopra, Vijay Singh, Stuart Appleby, Ernie Els, Sergio Garcia, Jim Furyk, Tiger Woods
Note: Let’s not forget that time Bubba Watson went Driver, Driver, Putt for Eagle in 2011.
Hear what Keegan Bradley had to say about Kapalua Golf: The Plantation Course, here.