Virtual Golf Course: Kauri CliffsJune 3, 2016
This week, TruGolf is headed to Kauri Cliffs, a world-class golf resort in beautiful New Zealand. Set amidst 6,000 pristine acres, Kauri Cliffs has been home to several PGA Tour events. Known for its stunning views, several holes offer panoramic views of the ocean to compete with Pebble Beach and Bandon Dunes.
Kauri Cliffs Golf Course
- The course was originally designed by David Harman of Golf Course Consultants, based in Orlando, FL.
- 15 holes offer breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean with the Cavalli Islands and Cape Brett providing additional backdrops.
- Recently, Kauri Cliffs was renovated by renowned architect Rees Jones. Jones completely redesigned the 5th hole, transforming it from a long, uphill, par-3 to a short, downhill par-3.
- Kauri Cliffs is consistently in Golf Digest’s “Top 100 Greatest Golf Courses in the World,” – ranking #39 at the highest.
- The course has hosted several notable events. Notably a PGA Tour Challenge event that featured Hunter Mahan, Anthony Kim, and Sean O’Hair. Additionally, it was home to “Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf,” a match between Kiwi icon Michael Campbell and Fred Couples.