Virtual Golf Course: Kiawah Island Golf ResortApril 22, 2016
Links Style Golf in South Carolina: The Ocean Course
This week, TruGolf is headed to Charleston, South Carolina, the friendliest city in America, for southern hospitality, breath taking views of the Atlantic Ocean, and championship golf. Kiawah Island Golf Resort, The Ocean Course, is a world-famous destination that has attracted the biggest names in golf. From Ryder Cups to PGA Championships, Tiger Woods to Rory McIlroy, the Ocean Course is a must for any serious golfer. This Pete Dye design is known for its panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. With breathtaking views on nearly every hole, The Ocean Course is as beautiful as it is challenging.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Par: 72 | Yardage: 7,356
- Golf.com voted the Ocean course as the fourth best course you can play.
- It was voted the third best Public Golf Course in the U.S. by Golf Digest.
- The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island was ranked 25th amongst the 100 Greatest U.S. Courses
- Kiawah Island hosted the 2007 Senior PGA and the 2012 PGA Championship.
- The Ocean Course was host of “War by the Shore,” the dramatic 1991 Ryder Cup that was decided by the final putt on Sunday.
- The Ocean Course made its big screen debut in the film, “The Legend of Bagger Vance.”