Virtual Golf Course: Le Grand George
Greg Norman’s links style masterpiece
This week, TruGolf is headed to South Africa to explore Greg Norman’s links style masterpiece. Le Grand George is built on a pristine, natural peninsula located between the Gwaing River and the Indian Ocean.
This seaside links course is considered by many to be Norman’s greatest achievement.
Le Grand George
Par: 72 | Yardage: 6540
- Norman began designing golf courses in 1987, and had to wait 17 years before bringing his unique and sustainable design sensibilities to South Africa.
- George is a located halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth on the Garden Route.
- Greg Norman Golf Course Design is known for its minimalist approach to golf course design and highlighting the natural beauty of the landscape.
- Le Grand George is known for its environmentally sensitive and sustainable design.
- The site contours allow for sea views from almost every part of the golf course.
“Our goal is to preserve a natural, stand-alone rural atmosphere, that will deliver a unique golfing experience at Le Grand George.”