Virtual Golf Course: Loch Lomond Golf Club
The Bonnie Banks o’ Loch Lomond
This week, TruGolf is headed to the boundary between the Highlands and lowlands of Central Scotland. Nestled on the banks of Loch Lomond and only 25 minutes from Glasgow, Loch Lomond Golf Club is known for its history, hospitality, and world-class golf.
Loch Lomond Golf Club
Par 71 | Meters 6,492
- Loch Lomond Golf Club was established in 1993. The roots of the land can be traced back to Sir John Colquhoun of the Clan Colquhoun, who constructed the Rossdhu Castle in 1457.
- The course was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish, who were praised for their heavy use of natural hazards like streams and marshlands.
- The course is widely considered to be among the “Top 100,” courses in the world. In 2005, it was ranked 66th by Golf Magazine.
- The course record is held by South African golfer Retief Goosen (The Goose) who shot a 62.
- Loch Lomond Golf Clubs hosted the Scottish Open on the European Tour from 2001-2010.
Past Winners: Edoardo Molinari, Martin Kaymer, Graeme McDowell, Ernie Els, Lee Westood, and Retief Goosen.