Virtual Golf Course: New South Wales Golf ClubDecember 12, 2014
Golf Down Under
This week, TruGolf is headed down under to the historic New South Wales Golf Club, a course that embodies the spirit of golf. With undulating fairways, small greens and located near the Pacific Ocean, this sleeping giant is as beautiful as it is difficult. The New South Wales Golf Club is a “must” for any serious golfer. The golf links at La Perouse has played an important part in the history of golf, not only in Australia, but in the world.
New South Wales Golf Club
Par: 72 | Meters: 6,245
- The New South Wales Golf Club was founded on March 29, 1926, in La Perouse, Sydnew, New South Wales, Australia.
- The course was designed by Alister MacKenzie, the same architect who designed Augusta National Golf Club in 1933.
- The course is flanked by water; Botany Bay, Cruwee Bay, and the Pacific Ocean.
- New South Wales currently ranks as the 9th greatest golf course outside the United States, and is the 1st ranked golf course outside the United States and the United Kingdom.
- The course record for amateurs was set by Scott Arnold in 2009, he shot a 64. The course record for professionals was set by Elliot Boult in 1994, he shot a 64.
“It’s one of the great golf courses I’ve seen, really a fun golf course. You could have some real times out here.” – Arnold Palmer
“At Sydney , I made an entirely new course for the New South Wales Golf Club at a place called La Perouse. This is a sand duned peninsula which overlooks Botany Bay and presents, I think, more spectacular views than any other place I know with the possible exception of the new Cypress Point golf course I am doing on the Del Monte peninsula in California.” – Dr. Alister MacKenzie.
The software is known for its accuracy, beauty, and a world-class course list that includes 30 of Golf Digest’s and Golfweek’s “Greatest Courses,” including Pebble Beach, Royal Melbourne, PGA National, and Bandon and Pacific Dunes. Utilizing Cloud technology, TruGolf will provide consumers and commercial facilities with more frequent and more efficient software and content updates. Now, anyone with Internet connectivity has access to best-in-class golf simulation software, for a low monthly fee.