Virtual Golf Course: Royal Melbourne Golf ClubOctober 2, 2015
Greetings from Down Under! This week, we are profiling the Royal Melbourne Golf Club – a 36 hole championship golf course in Black Rock, Victoria, a few miles outside of Melbourne. Founded by Sir James McBain in 1895, Royal Melbourne’s West is considered to be one of the best courses in the world, and has hosted PGA and LPGA Tour events. Known for its dramatic undulation, fertile soil, and natural appearance, the West Course highlights the beauty of Melbourne and provides an unforgettable golf experience.
Royal Melbourne Golf Club
Par 72 | Meters 6,645
- Royal Melbourne’s West Course was rated No. 1 in Australia by Readers Golf Digest in 2014.
- The course was voted the #2 Best Course Outside the US by Golf Digest
- The West was designed by famed British landscape architect Alister Mackenzie. Mackenzie created the original design for Augusta National Golf Club, home of the Masters.
- The course has hosted 16 Australian Opens, The Presidents Cup, and the Women’s Australian Open.
- The greens are considered to be the best in Australia. Royal Melbourne Golf Club is known for its large and intricate green designs that are contoured to accommodate approaches from a number of different angles.
You can play Royal Melbourne Golf Club’s West Course and 86 other world-class courses with E6Golf and TruGolf indoor golf simulators.