Virtual Golf Course: Tazegzout Golf Course / Taghazout Bay ResortAugust 28, 2015
This week, TruGolf is headed to a small fishing village 15 minutes outside of Agadir, Morocco. Visitors come from all around the world to explore and experience world class fishing, surfing, and golf. Welcome to Taghazout, home of Tazegzout Golf Course.
Tazegzout Golf Course
Par: 72 | Meters: 6,730
- Every hole on the golf course has a stunning view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- The name of the course, “Tazegzout,” means “beautiful nature” and “green” in the local Berber dialect.
- Tazegzout Golf Course was designed by Kyle Phillips.
- Kyle Phillips has designed and re-designed courses all around the world. Most notably:
Hilversumsche Golf Club in the Netherlands that was ranked in the Top 100 Golf Courses
The Grove in London that was named #20 of Best Modern Courses by Golf Week Magazine.
- Kyle Phillips’ description of the course:
“The early holes move away from the Ocean without ever losing sight of the blue expanse of sea. The spectacle of the Ocean rises to a crescendo as you progress through the round. There are a variety of long, medium and short holes but the ones that will remained engraved in my mind are the 9th that returns to the clubhouse; the 17th and 18th are probably, from a strategic and reward point of view, two of the most fun and exciting holes you are likely to play anywhere in the world.”