Virtual Golf Course: Valderrama Golf Club
The Best of Spain
This week, TruGolf is headed to Valderrama Golf Club, the pride of Spain. The course is widely considered to be the Augusta National of Europe, and is known for its perilously small greens. The narrow fairways, framed with cork trees, were meticulously put in place by Robert Trent Jones Sr., and provide a true test for golfers of all skill levels.
Valderrama Golf Club
Par: 71 | Yardage: 6,990
- The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. Later, the par-5 17th, was infamously toughened by Seve Ballesteros.
- Voted Top Course in Mainland Europe by Golf World
- The course was recently voted in the Top 100 “Best Courses in the World” by Golf.com
- Valderrama Golf Club was home of the 1997 Ryder Cup, the first ever held in Continental Europe. The European Team won by a margin of 14.5 to 13.5.
- This course is a personal favorite of Sergio Garcia and was awarded the Audubon Environmental Certificate.