Virtual Golf Course: The Village Course at KapaluaAugust 5, 2016
Remembering the Village Course at Kapalua
The Village Course at Kapalua is a now defunct course in Maui, Hawaii. The course was closed in 2007, and visitors and locals alike have fond memories of this Palmer designed, ocean track. Fortunately, the Village, the Bay and the Plantation at Kapalua can still be played and appreciated with E6Golf on indoor golf simulators around the world.
Kapalua Village Course
Par: 70 | Yardage: 6,378
- The Village Course at Kapalua was designed by Arnold Palmer.
- The course opened in 1979 and closed in 2007.
- The Kapalua Resort courses were certified by the Nature Conservancy of Hawaii and the Audubon International for its protection and preservation of the natural landscape.
“In 1995, the Kapalua resort established the Kapalua Nature Society to foster its partnership between man and nature. Dedicated to fostering an appreciation of Maui’s unique natural and cultural treasures, this unique environmental organization oversees the resort’s Audubon International programs; publishes the semi-annual Kapalua Nature Journal; and contributes to Hawaii’s natural legacy through their Native Hawaiian Plant Reforestation Project.” maui-style.com
- The Village Course at Kapalua is remembered for its gently rolling fairways and generous greens – these features perfectly capture Palmer’s unique sense of design.
- The course featured breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean on nearly every hole.
This course and 86 others can be discovered using E6Golf on indoor golf simulators throughout the world.