Virtual Golf Course: Frankfurter Golf ClubMarch 25, 2016
This week TruGolf is headed to a world-class track in Germany. The Frankfurter Golf Club is located 10 minutes outside of Frankfurt’s city boundaries in a dense and secluded forest. The course is known for its tree-lined fairways and a lovely view of the Frankfurt skyline at the 18th hole, this course is considered a “must play,” when traveling through Germany.
This course is ranked number 7 (up eight spots) on the list of 100 Best Golf Courses in Germany published in 2016. (http://www.top100golfcourses.co.uk/htmlsite/story.asp?id=643)
Frankfurter Golf Club
Par: 71 | Yardage: 6,700
- Frankfurter Golf Club was a regular host of the German Open Championship, with winners including: Henry Cotton, Tony Jacklin, and Severiano Ballesteros.
- The golf club itself is one of the oldest in Germany; it was founded as a 9-hole course in 1913.
- Originally designed by Charly Gardner, the course was redesigned by Harry Colt and John Morrison.
- The greens were renovated in 2008 and are considered by many players to be some of the best in Germany. (http://www.top100golfcourses.co.uk/htmlsite/productdetails.asp?id=1115)
- The club is home to one of Germany’s most prestigious youth player development programs.