Virtual Golf Course: Westfields Golf ClubDecember 11, 2015
The Pride of Northern Virginia
This week, TruGolf will profile the finest golf course in northern Virginia. Westfields Golf Club was designed by Hall of Fame Golfer Fred Couples, and is one of the most highly-awarded public golf courses in the United States. The course plays through natural wetlands, beech trees, oak trees, and rolling hills making it a challenge and pleasure for golfers of all skill levels.
Westfields Golf Club
Par: 72 | Slope: 139
- The course was designed by Fred Couples in 1999. In lieu of “Champions,” or “Black Tees,” the longest track on the golf course is eponymously named for Couples, “The Boom Boom.”
- Westfields Golf Club was nominated as one of the “Best New Courses,” by Golf Digest.
- Since 2008, the course has been recognized as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, for its sustainable water usage.
- Ranked as one of “America’s Top Golf Courses” by the Zagat Guide.
- Westfields Golf Club was rated a Four Star “Best Places to Play,” by Golf Digest.