Virtual Golf Course: Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course
This week TruGolf is headed to the majestic mountain town of Banff in Alberta, Canada. This charming place is renowned for its panoramic beauty, incredible skiing, a unique film festival, and its world-class golf course. The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course is a “must play,” for any serious golfer.
The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course
Par: 71 | Length: 6,938
- The original 18-hole course was built in 1928 by Stanley Thompson, one of Canada’s most famed course architects.
- In 1989, 9-holes were added. This addition was designed by Cornish and Robinson.
- Many players, both amateurs and professionals, have described an optical illusion created by the surrounding mountains adding to the challenge of play.
- The hotel that accompanies the course was opened in 1888 as one of Canada’s Grant Railway Hotels.
- The Fairmont at Banff Springs has been affectionately nicknamed, “The Castle in the Rockies.” The architectural style is that of Scottish Baronial which is defined by: uneven roof lines, gables, and small turrets called bartizans.
With E6, the beautiful views and championship golf of Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course are available in your home or indoor golf facility.